Scholarship purpose: To promote the teaching profession and financially assist Portage County high school graduates who are aspiring teachers.
The Portage County Retired Teachers Association will award scholarships of $1500 to deserving 2017 graduating seniors from Portage County high schools.
Scholarship winners and their chaperones will be invited to the July PCRTA luncheon to accept their scholarship. Each individual receiving a scholarship will be required to submit a photo for publication.
Application deadline: Friday, April 7, 2017
PORTAGE COUNTY RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
Scholarships in the amount of $1,500 for aspiring teachers.
- Submit a neatly typed Include your mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Write a short essay on why you want to become a teacher, your college plans, professional goals, and why you should be selected for a Future Teacher
- List extracurricular activities and leadership positions held in high school and how you demonstrated leadership while holding those positions.
- Describe your participation and leadership in community Service.
- List any outside work activities or jobs held during your high school years.
- Attach two or more professional recommendations that show how you qualify for a PCRTA scholarship and include contact information for each recommendation.
- Please explain your financial Need for this scholarship and your current ability to finance your college education.
- Submit a photo for publication.
- Attach an official school transcript including standardized test scores.
- Complete and submit the scholarship Intent Statement by Friday, April 7, 2017.
Submit application to
James Montaquila,1490 Morris Drive,Peninsula, Ohio 44264 Tribe123@windstream.net
Click to download: Intent Statement
PORTAGE COUNTY RETIRED
I am applying for a 2017 PCRTA Scholarship and it is my intent to major in and become a teacher.
(Grade or Subject Level)
(Student signature) (Date)
(Parent Signature) (Date)
Return this completed and signed Intent Statement with your application. No application will be considered without this completed form.